Don’t get me wrong, I love surfing and this year I’ve done alot more surfing than boogie boarding, but when it comes down to it I think you can have way more fun body boarding the Great Lakes. Here’s why
- Body boarding increases the number of surfable days in the year. You can often catch smaller choppier waves
- Dropping into waves is easier when you’ve got the power fins on your side
- You can move quicker up and down the coast using less energy to get back to where the waves are breaking
- You have more contact with the waves and the water. The feeling you get of the energy of the wave is much more intimate.
- Less chance of getting hurt by your own gear in a wipeout
- It’s easy to carry your gear in the trunk of your car and be ready for waves at a minutes notice. This is specially true if you don’t live close to the lake, and you just happen to drive by the lake and see waves.
Those are just a few points to keep in mind if you ever think of taking up body boarding.